It's been 18 months since launching Seljak Brand so it feels like a good time to let you know how far we've come. In a nutshell:
- Last financial year we donated $9,135 worth of blankets to the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre in Melbourne
- Since launching, we've used 1072kg of waste material to make our blankets
- About 2000 people have engaged with us in talking about circular models at conferences and events
- 100 000 Australians have been exposed to closed loop business practices thanks to the press we've received
- We've crowdfunded $32,000 to help fund the research and development of using other businesses' textile waste to make more blankets.
We're looking forward to continuing to explore systems change and ways to create beautiful and sustainable solutions for the future.
It's been all of you who have contributed to making the world a cosier, less wasteful place, so THANK YOU!
Karina & Sam