Used woollen garments shredded and sorted into colour piles, ready for recycling
Our impact since 2016:
- We've diverted 6,900kg of textiles waste from landfill
- We’ve donated $15,195 and 284 blankets to the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre (ASRC) in Melbourne
- We've spoken to over 2000 people about closed loop design and business practices at talks, events and workshops
- In 2017 we crowdfunded $32,000 to help fund the research and development of using other businesses' textile waste to make more blankets – you can check out our project with local Sydney label Citizen Wolf’s offcuts here.
- We were awarded $30,000 in funding from Macquarie Group in 2018/9 to continue development of textiles waste to resource products.
- We were awarded The Design Files' Sustainability Design Award in 2019 and Queensland University of Technology (QUT)'s Outstanding Young Alumni Award in 2021.